sounds kinda white-trashy, i know…but it really is quite good. you’ll see.
this is a super easy go-to recipe when you just want to get rid of stuff. you can modify this recipe very easily and use differnet meat or veggies, if you’re into that. you can also use any shape pan…pie dish just works well because, well, it’s tortilla shaped!
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 whole Onion, Chopped
- 1 pound Ground Turkey
- 1-½ tablespoon Granulated Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Paparika
- Salt & Pepper (to Taste)
- 1 cup Black Beans, Drained And Rinsed
- 1 cup Cooked Rice (white Or Brown)
- 3 whole Tortillas (burrito Size)
- 2 cups Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
- 3 whole Green Onions, Chopped
- Sour Cream
preheat oven to 375°
– Heat extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
– Add chopped onion and saute until translucent (about 5 minutes)
– mix all spices in a small bowl (this step is not required, I just like mixing them before hand for even distribution in cooking)
– Add ground turkey to cooked onions and add spice mixture.
– Break up ground turkey and cook completely until browned.
– Taste mixture and add salt/pepper as needed.
– Add black beans and rice to ground turkey and mix well.
– Using a pie pan, put a layer of salsa on the bottom (about 1/4 cup.)
– place a tortilla over the salsa.
– sprinkle cheese over tortilla.
– spoon meat/bean/rice mixture over cheese layer.
– repeat layers once more starting with salsa and then end with a tortilla and remaining cheese on top.
– Place in the oven for 12 minutes to heat through and melt the cheese.
– Place under the broiler for about 2-3 minutes to make the tortilla and cheese a little crispy on top.
– Finish off with chopped green onion.
– Slice and serve with sour cream and extra salsa and tortilla chips. Enjoy!