it’s official. the temperature around here has finally dropped below 90°. that means it’s really fall.
i will now buy a pumpkin or three for the porch. i protested when it was 100° and trader joe’s had pumpkins out in front of their store in the heat getting all rotten.
we got the girls’ halloween costumes done early this year so they could enter a costume contest at sac con. they won! my kids got a ton of attention. anya doesn’t handle that as well as stella – who walks around with her hands on her hips waiting for people to notice her.
now onto some random things i’ve had on my mind:
1. i really needed fall.
2. i miss having seasons (being from seattle will do that to you.)
3. i’m not sure i enjoy having two kids playing soccer.
4. i like that both my kids are in a sport.
5. i’m allowed to contradict myself. this is my blog.
6. i am going to start baking more. because it’s fall.
7. i can’t wait to wear a scarf.
8. i can’t wait to find boots that fit over my fat calves.
9. i am going to try and make my fat calves not so fat so i can find boots a lot easier.
10. i found this today. i can’t wait to read and laugh. a lot.
11. i miss taking pictures.
12. i like fall.
13. I like that i don’t have to hear myself complain about the heat anymore.
14. my puppy is one year old today. whoa.
15. my girls are already talking about going to the snow this year. this. will. happen. even if i have to put socks on their hands for gloves – because that’s what i did as a kid (yes, we were that kind of poor.)
16. i refuse to look at anything christmas. can we just get through halloween people?
happy birthday maggie mayhem. you are one crazy loved dog!
how was that for a totally random post. again.